Home isolation measures for people with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 who do not need to be hospitalized and people who were hospitalized and then determined to be medically stable to go home.
You should follow the prevention steps below until a healthcare provider or local or state health department says you can return to your normal activities.
- Well ventilated non AC room
- Windows kept open during day time
- Room should have attached bathroom or separate bathroom for the suspected patient.
- Do not share utensils, linen or other items.
- Practice frequent handwashing with soap and water especially after toilet orcontact with body fluids.
- Follow personal hygiene
- Follow respiratory hygiene
- Cover mouth and nose with mask or tissue while coughing or sneezing
- If mask or tissue is not available cough or sneeze to your flexed elbow followed byhand hygiene
- Three buckets for waste collection
- 1.soiled linen, clothes, towel – disinfect with bleach, wash and sun dry before next use
- 2.soiled mask, tissues, pad – for incineration
- 3.for bio medical waste - for burial
- Room should be mopped with bleach solution
- Bleach solution can be used to clean furniture, wash basin, toilet seats etc
- Alcohol based hand rub at the room entrance to be used by care giver
- No visitors should be allowed
- Should not attend meetings, social gatherings, parties etc
- Avoid public transport